To Clean & Maintain
- Clean the floor regularly. For general cleaning, use a dust mop or vacuum with the correct hard surface attachment – never a rotating brush, floor scrubbers, steamers, jet mops, buffers or similar products.
- If necessary, the floor may be cleaned with a wet mop and a laminate cleaner.
- Avoid using too much water and be sure to squeeze the water out of the mop before mopping and rinse the mop frequently.
- AtroGuard floors must never be waxed, polished, sanded or refinished, and never use a steam, wet or jet mop when cleaning. Do not use detergents, abrasive cleaners, soaps, waxes or polishes.
- To protect from scratches, place walk-off area rugs or mats inside exterior doorways to collect small bits of gravel.
- We recommend using felt protectors on the legs of furniture and replacing plastic or metal casters with rubber wheels. Replace plastic or metal casters on chairs with rubber wheels and lift rather than slide heavy objects across the floor.
Can I use a steam mop on my AtroGuard floors?
We DO NOT recommend the use of steam mops on AtroGuard floors.
How do I remove difficult challenging spots?
Never use bleaching agents on Atroguard laminate floors. For chocolate, grease, juice and wine stains, use lukewarm water and a non-abrasive cleaner. Nail polish, tar, markers, crayon, lipstick, ink and cigarette burns can be removed using nail polish remover or denatured alcohol. For candle wax and chewing gum, scrape carefully with a blunt plastic scraper.
Do I need to wax my AtroGuard floor?
No, it resists staining, is easy to clean and requires no waxing. Waxing is not compatible with this product and using wax will void warranty.
Is AtroGuard scratch proof?
AtroGuard floors feature AC-4 scratch resistant commercial rating, which is highly scratch resistant but not scratch proof. Here is some information that might help you down the road to prevent or minimizes scratches:
- Use felt pads on the bottom of all chairs/tables/sofas.
- Change all plastic or metal casters on rolling furniture to rubber casters.
- Do not drag heavy furniture across the floor.
- Trim pet nails frequently.
How durable is AtroGuard flooring with pets?
While no similar flooring is guaranteed against scratching or loss of gloss, the surface of Atroguard is textured with a medium graining and a tough wear layer for durability. We warrant that Atroguard will not stain from pet (domestic cat or dog) stains, including urine, feces and vomit, providing it is cleaned within 24 hours!
What type of chair protectors can I use on AtroGuard floor?
Support furniture with wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors. Ideally, the protectors should be at least one inch in diameter, made of non-pigmented, hard plastic and rest flat on the floor. Non-staining felt protectors are also acceptable. Casters with a minimum 3/4″ flat surface width or floor protectors are recommended for all moveable furniture. Make sure any metal protectors are rustproof. Replace your narrow-dome furniture rests with wide-bearing ones.